Oreka Godis debuted a chic new hairstyle on the red carpet at Durban International Film Festival — and we’re seriously swooning over this look from the opening night. As you can see, she was wearing a high braided updo, which was decorated with pearl details, echoing her pearl drop earrings. And, when she turned her head, you could view the delicate detailing that had been pinned across her braided bun.
Braids are often synonymous with summery vibes, but this romantic take on the bun is versatile as well as subtle. . Read on to see it from all angles, and the step by step how-to from hairstylist Ceecee Mabaso.
How to Create A Romantic High Braided Bun
1. Apply a small amount of 5 in 1 keratin smooth serum on to the hair. To create a smooth texture and minimize fly always
2. Brush the hair upward using a wide Brisel vent brush in to a high pony
3. Lay edges using edge control gel and tail comb to smooth the edges back
4. Use a silk triangle scarf to wrap the the edges n use a cool hair dryer to set the edge control.
5. To create the romantic top bun use kanekalon hair or expression bulk hair extensions
6. Tie hair extensions on to natural hair bun using a elastic band
7. Braid the hair into a twist braid and wrap extensions around the natural hair bun to create a braided bun, use bobby pins to secure
8. Remove silk scarf and spritz hair with a light holding spray to finish of the style