Everyone is prone to brittle nails and dry cuticles but what makes the difference between healthy strong nails and meh nails is whether or not you care for them. It is important to pay attention to your nails and pamper them from time to time.
While nail art and acrylic may be fun and pretty to have but your natural nails need to breathe. It’s best to have a routine that works for you and nail-type. It could be a weekly or bi-monthly regime especially one that you can totally do yourself.
Beauty expert Jaelan of Faceovermatter, shared her nail care routine via her YouTube channel; quick and easy steps that keep away hangnails, cuticle issues and help her nails grow longer.
- Soak nails in warm water for 2-3minutes
- Push back cuticles and carefully cut out excess skin
- You can put them back in the water to clean for a few seconds
- Once your nails have dried off, trim, buffer and file to your desired shape
- Clean out dirt underneath the nail with the other end of your cuticle remover
- Apply a hand lotion/moisturiser or use nail oil. Allow some time for your nails to absorb it.
- Next, use a nail enhancer to coat your nails. This will strengthen and keep them healthy.
- Add your final nail polish and watch your nail glow
Watch her video below