Didn’t have time to celebrate Valentine’s Day on Wednesday? We know, weekdays can be quite hectic so why not treat your Valentine to a great breakfast this weekend?
This french toast recipe by Wovenblends will make every day feel like Valentine’s Day for you and your love, whoever that may be for you.
This dish was fun to create and it’s super yummy too, so I decided to share with my BellaStylistas. Enjoy and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram @wovenblends for more pictures and subscribe to my YouTube channel for more videos. – Wovenblends
French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf of Agege Bread (sub with Challah)
- 1/2 cup whole cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup crushed Raisin Bran Crunch (sub cereal of choice)
- Butter for frying
- Aunt Jemima pancake syrup
- White chocolate chunks
- Chocolate Shavings
- Raisin Bran Crunch
- In a clean bowl, combine whole cream, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and sugar together. Mix thoroughly
- In another bowl, pour in crushed cereal of choice
- Slice Agege bread or bread of choice into semi-thick slices. Pour liquid batter over bread slices. Alternatively, you can dip it in like I did. Leave to soak for 2-3 minutes
- Heat up a frying pan and melt some butter
- Place soaked bread slices in and cook until browned on both sides. Make sure you monitor the heat
- Transfer bread to a plate and top accordingly.
Note: to make the white chocolate syrup, combine pancake syrup and white chocolate. Melt chocolate in syrup over medium heat, turning occasionally.