Seyi Shay is an award-winning singer, songwriter and fashion girl to boot. So, it makes sense that for her judging duties on the country’s biggest singing competition show, Nigerian Idol, she’ll bring nothing less than her A-game on the fashion front.
Over the past couple of weeks, the singer’s chic and very sophisticated style has been one of the major highlights of the show. She’s used every outing to spotlight Nigerian fashion brands. From Weiz Dhurm Franklyn to Fruche, the superstar singer continues to re-emphasise what the rest of the world has been catching on to lately – Nigerian designers are IT!
Here’s a look at 7 of her most iconic looks on the show so far.
1. When your dark skin is flawless you probably won’t mind flaunting it at every chance you get. This was most likely Seyi Shay’s intention with this white sheer mesh dress. Her designer, Weiz Dhurm Franklyn did a great job on this one, making her look like a work of art. But she didn’t stop there. The combination of her red matte lipstick and nails was a great fashion choice.
2. This particular dress designed by Fruché is the true way to stay corporate and at the same time breathtaking. The beaded embroidery skirt alone takes us back to our Nigerian roots and sits pretty on Seyi Shay who effortlessly slays the entire outfit.
3. Can one ever go wrong with an all-white look? I bet not. This time, Seyi Shay rocked Weiz Dhurm Franklyn’s white petal mesh jumpsuit which she paired with a black camisole that took us all to church.
4. So far, you can’t argue the fact that Seyi Shay has a thing for the mesh fashion trend. She set out to the show in this brown sequin mini blazer dress and of course, a mesh hose. This dress which was also designed by Weiz Dhurm Franklyn was nothing short of perfection with a sprinkle of elegance.
5. A true diva! Only someone so fashionable can succeed at pairing some of the most complicated colours that ever exists. This purple feathered top tied to a flared skirt was designed by Fruché and it puts Seyi Shay in the spotlight as a true fashion goddess.
6. This list would never be complete without featuring Seyi-Shay in a red dress. Just like she displays power, passion, and energy on the show, her satin feathered red dress designed by Fruché carried a message that was well-received. To crown it all, her black strap heels blended well with her popping complexion giving her a fierce look.
7. Seyi Shay has once again validated the popular saying that women who wear black lead colourful lives. In a black leather crop top by Fruché, paired with a black mesh skirt from the same designer, and a red shoe, she looks magical and shows the world what she’s made of.
So there you have it. Which of these seven iconic appearances look like your favourite?
Nigerian Idol is sponsored by Tecno Mobile and Bigi Drinks.
The voting window for this week closes at 9 PM on Wednesday, Don’t forget to vote for your favourite contestants as the power to determine who stays and who leaves is solely in the hands of the viewers. Voting on Nigerian Idol is via the website, mobile site, MyDStv, and MyGOtv apps and via SMS, which is available only in Nigeria. You can vote for your favourite contestant via the Africa Magic website, www.africamagic.tv/nigerianidol, and the Africa Magic mobile site by selecting contestants of your choice and entering your number of votes, and click VOTE. Voting via these platforms is limited to 100 votes per user. MyDStv App and MyGOtv App votes are free and votes are allocated based on your subscription packages.