It’s the second edition of Eki’s Ultimate Q & A and I’m dishing on part 2 of my skincare routine, it’s all about my face this time.
Before I begin, I’d like to give a shoutout to everyone who left comments on my first Q & A post. I really appreciate the encouragement and feedback.
Today, I’ll be answering another FAQ of mine; What do you use on your face? What’s your skincare routine?
Here’s my answer.
In the Morning…
- I wash my face using Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap and cold water, then let my face air dry.
- Sometimes before moisturising, I use the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum. It’s suitable for use in the morning but I don’t use it every day.
- When my face is dry, I use Simple Protecting Moisture Cream with SPF 30 to moisturise my face.
In the Night…
- I wash my face again, using the Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap and cold water, then I let me face air dry.
- After washing, I use the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum and eye serum. I use this religiously, every single night.
- Before bed, I always use Vaseline on my lips and inside the lining of my nose (to keep it from getting dry and irritated).
About the Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap
and why I love it so much…
Moroccan black soap naturally dries out excess oil from the skin so it is naturally an oil balancer. However, all the extra benefits come with the extra ingredients listed below;
- Lemon, Lemon Oil & Orange Peel these serve as brightening agents.
- Zinc Oxide for sun protection
- Neem & Moringa Powder antibacterial, deep cleansing ingredients that reduce scars and marks.
- Honey is moisturizing, smoothing and also reduces scars and marks.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid is the next level of exfoliation. It peels away dead, rough surface skin.
- Sandalwood for glowing and brightening.
- The oils and kinds of butter used like Shea Butter, Almond Oil, Palm Kernel Oil are for moisturizing.
- Cocoa Powder is for that extra glow.
- As you can see from my morning and night routine, I have staple products but I don’t follow a specific routine to the T.
- When I need to quickly clean my face, I use a paper towel or tissue. I don’t use a towel unless I use a face mask that needs a warm towel to get off.
- I use two masks interchangeably, depending on what I feel my skin needs at the time. I use the Malicha Luxury Black Face Mask and the Mary Kay Botanical Effects mask.
- Sometimes I use a toner, but not every day. When I do, I use the Mary Kay Botanical Effects Freshen toner. I’ve used this whole range in the past (including face wash, moisturizer and face mask) but I’m always open to trying new things especially if they’re more natural and that’s how I found my favourite product now, the Malicha Luxury Moroccan Black Soap.
- What you eat plays a key role in how your skin looks and feels, remember that. Eat fruits, vegetables and drink lots of water.
- I don’t wear makeup every day but when I do… I’ll tell you more about my everyday makeup look in another post 🙂
That’s it for today’s post. Thanks again for your comments last week, I’m looking forward to reading more from you this week as well. I relly enjoyed the tips a lot of you share in the post, I learn a lot!
Also, if you have anymore questions for me to answer, please leave them below and I’ll respond.