There is a new cool-girl hairstyle on the block, and it is taking its cue from the ‘90s. The spiky bun as it’s called is the cutest updo for off-duty hair. If you are looking for a quick, stylish and easy updo, you have come to the right place.
Burundian fashion & beauty YouTuber Bella Michelle recently shared on her Instagram page a tutorial on how she achieves this sleek ponytail with spiky ends.
She shared her styling tips in her accompanying caption:
1. rat tail comb (from any hair shop) to precisely shape your front hair pieces according to your hair line + neatly comb hairs into a bun
2. 3-4 hair bands, tie your hair in a bun first, slick your hair using @keracareuk wax stick or Gummy Wax (wax-based products if you want to be able to do other hairstyles, the gel will make your hair hard and irreversible unless you wash it!)
3. Put the wax also on the ends of your hair, to prevent flyaways and have a sleek spike on the side. Wrap your hair in a bun and leave out the ends of your hair. Shape using hairspray or hair wax!
4. Baby hair brush (from any hair shop) to sleek your edges. Be gentle to your edges always!
5. Straighten your front pieces, and add wax to make the hairs sleeker! I used @ghdhair platinum+ straighteners. Love them!!
View this post on Instagram